Sex Education - Unlearn to Learn

I came across this article in TOI today, whereby the global elite body,  has subscribed to the idea of initiating sex education for children. Toddlers are spared of picking up another rhyme, thankfully. I don't wish to sound cynical neither do I intend to wash off my hands from this responsibility of educating my 10 year old son of the pleasant nuances of a biological desire. But I have a challenge, am I educated enough on SEX to preach what I do not practise?

The Global Elders have a discerning eye to the not so immediate priorities and they do have a reason to the deliberations & the concerns, emanating from the long corridors & the closed cubicles of the self effacing, self proclaimed ambassadors of global issues.

It seems, thay were just short of meeting their (KRA) "KeyResponsibilityAreas" drafted in a hurry to be presented to those at the helm of affairs; who have adequate reasons to believe that "starvation of a different kind" assumes larger significance than 'starvation' itself. The thirst for 'know - all - edge' is bigger than the hunger for food.

I believe, the chain e-mails serve a better purpose in their pictorial depictions on the possibility of handing over our future generations, a multiplicity of challenges in the form of scarcity of potable water, need for ecological balance & conservation, soil erosion, biological warfare to name a few. Quite worthwhile, right? Time to unlearn, to learn.

The challenge is choosing between a pervert outlook & purturbed outlook. Initiating sexual education at a tender age might itself become a breeding ground for perversion. Are the Global Elders, listening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The DAD with the DUDE at VARANASI

Training to be a Buddy to my Son

Raising you Boy, to be a Man!